Hey all! Just back from a 7 day vacation at the beach, and wanted to dive back into working by sharing some things I learned about being HAPPY while I was there…
Happiness is one thing that we never talk about when talking “online business” and I wont do it much, but I do want you to know that finding your “happy” is vital to running your online business for ultimate success.
When I'm happy I work better, I have better focus, and I get way more done… That equates to making more money FYI!
But… (of course there's a but) keeping that level of happy can be hard sometimes, so it's really important that you have things that keep you at a level of happy that allows you to excel the most.
So here are some things I use to keep my happy level pretty high to help me be at my best in running my online business.
1. Talk! One of the hardest things for me is to talk about anything that's not a positive for me. It literally sucks the life out of me, but when I don't talk about it I find that it actually makes it worse. If I just spit it out and get it over with instead of trying to hold on to it and deal with it myself I get through it quicker which makes my level of happiness return to normal pretty quickly. So have someone in your life be it a friend, partner, or even a professional that you can talk to about things.
I have very few of these people in my life, but they are really good for talking about things with. Mainly because they care about me and want to offer their support, but they are a big part in keeping me happy.
And contrary to popular belief it IS okay if people help your happy levels. I have heard for years from so many that you should never allow people to factor in your happiness. I call total BS on that. Yes people can walk in and out of your life in one way or another leaving you sad, but not allowing them to be part of your happy factor is not something you should do in my opinion.
Enjoy your people as long as they are in your life and allow them to help in making you happy! 🙂
What's effecting your happy level today? Who can you go to and talk about that with?
2. Be active! For years I had a real problem with being happy. I've been very open and honest about my past marriage and the fact that I wasn't happy. It made me become VERY sedimentary, gain a bunch of weight, and start in on a horrible downward spiral of self loathe. The instant that I started walking, then running, then biking, and all of my other “active things” I began to start feeling happy again.
I can be having a HORRIBLE day and after an hour or so on my bike I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS feel at the very least 50% better. Most of the time it's 100%!
For example… It's a rainy yucky day here, so as soon as I get done with this blog post I'm going to throw my Les Mills DVDs in and I'm going to sweat out the fact that I HATE this kind of weather and it influences my level of happiness. Once done I will feel SO SO SO much better!
Need a “happy boost”? Got 20-30 minutes? At least go take a walk!
3. Take a drive! Jumping in the car and listening to music at deafening levels is another thing that helps get me back to the level of happy I need to be at.
For example… The other day I was dealing with something pretty “heavy” that was really effecting my level of happy. I jumped in the car and within about an hour I was calm again. Another hour and I was finding some serious clarity. Now usually it doesn't take a few hours of driving, but this was a BIG deal. Usually within about 30-45 minutes of a drive around town and I'm good. You don't have to take a road trip for this to work for you. 🙂
Driving and listening to music makes my brain stop. I'm having to concentrate on driving, the music floods my head, and with all of that I can usually only focus on one other thing which is the thing that is effecting my happiness. I'm able to remove all other distractions and work through whatever it is that is keeping me from the level of happy that I need to be at, and that helps me work through it.
If you have a bit of gas money in your pocket this is a super easy way to clear your mind QUICKLY!
4. Educate others! If you have an online business there is something you can always do to educate people in your niche. Maybe creating a video tutorial on a topic in your niche, creating a blog post, making a Facebook post, etc.
Here's another example… This blog post you're reading. I'm feeling a little less happy today than I want to. I'm just coming back from vacation and already miss the beach and other stuff. So instead of letting that consume me I decided to think about the things that makes me happy and go do them. Educating others ALWAYS helps with my happy levels.
What's one thing you could share right now that would help people in your niche? Go talk about it in some way, and you'll see your focus shift, you'll provide value, and your level of happy will totally go up!
5. Set And Meet Goals! In the last year and a half I have come a VERY VERY VERY long way. I went from a miserable basically non-functioning human to being able to stand on my own two feet and LOVE life. I did that by setting and meeting goals.
And just because I'm at a good place in life doesn't mean that I don't need to STOP setting and meeting my goals. It's all about moving forward and I want certain things in my life.
For example… I'll be making a big move in the next few months. I've talked about the beach for YEARS, and over the last year I have found an opportunity to be near the beach fulltime. Yes by picking up and moving there. But I have to set and meet goals to be able to do that.
By setting and meeting goals to do that it's REALLY helping my happy levels because I know being near the beach will REALLY up my happy level. It's also a goal I've had for a while and meeting that goal will totally make me happy for like a million years. 🙂
What do you want right now? What goals can you set and start working to meet right NOW?
Okay so obviously I'm not a “professional” and the advice I just gave you may NOT be good for you, but it's what keeps me at my ultimate levels of happiness which really is vital to my success. Do you have other ways that help you get happy? Leave your comments below… Your input could really help someone with their “happy journey“.
Here’s to wishing you a healthy, happy, and wealthy life!